- Completed Ph.D., 11 years of experience teaching 60–70 students in a classroom or lecture environment.
- Involved in classroom teaching using ICT tools, demonstrating concepts in labs, assessing students with clarity and enthusiasm.
- Demonstrated competencies in Curricula Development, Course Evaluation and Program Design/Implementation, Student Advocacy and Counseling.
- Outstanding facilitation, presentation, research, needs assessment, and organizational skills; effectively interact with and support faculty, administration, and students.
- Passion for continuing education in the area of technology motivates and excites others.
Areas of Expertise
Technology Integration – Creative Questioning – Creative Lesson Planning – Student Motivation – Classroom Management – Performance Assessments
Education and Credentials
- 2011 – 2017 : Ph.D-Electrical Enggineering. : Anna University, Chennai
Specialization : Power Electronics
Ph.D. Dissertation Title : Performance Analysis of Hybrid DC-DC Converters for Renewable Energy Applications
- 2003 – 2005 : M.E.-Power Electronics and Drives : Anna University, Chennai
Graduated in Bannari Amman Institute of Technology, Sathyamangalam, Tamilnadu, India
- 2000 – 2003 : B.E.-Electrical & Electronics Engg. : Bharathiar University, Coimbatore
Graduated in Bannari Amman Institute of Technology, Sathyamangalam, Tamilnadu, India
- 1997 – 2000 : Diploma-Electrical & Electronics Engg. : DOTE, Chennai
Graduated in K.S.Rangasamy Institute of Technology, Tiruchengode, Tamilnadu, India
- June 2010 – May 2017 : Assistant Professor : Dept. of EEE, K.S. Rangasamy College of Technology, Tiruchengode, Tamilnadu, India
- Sept’ 2007 – April 2010 : Lecturer : Dept. of EEE, Adhiyamaan College of Engineering, Hosur, Tamilnadu, India
- Jan’ 2006 – May 2007 : Lecturer : Dept. of EEE, Mahendra Engineering College, Tiruchengode, Tamilnadu, India
Faculty Development Programmes
- AICTE approved Four-week Faculty Development Programme on “Use of ICT in Education for Online and Blended Learning” conducted by IIT Bombay from May 2, 2016 to July 10, 2016. This FDP was held under the National Mission on Education through ICT (Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India).
- Online Course on “ET601Tx: Educational Technology for Engineering Teachers” offered by IIT Bombay from 07 January to 07 March 2016
- AICTE sponsored Two Weeks Faculty Development Programme on “Nanotechnology for Sustainability: Energy Conversion and Storage” 06 May to 18 May 2013, K. S. Rangasamy College of Technology.
- AICTE sponsored SDP on “Recent Application of SCADA in Power Systems using Soft Computing Techniques”, organised by Department of EEE, Adhiyamaan College of Engineering during 21 July to 01 August 2008.
- Two days National Seminar on “Smart Grid – Technology and Applications” organized by Department of EEE, K. S. Rangasamy College of Technology, Tiruchengode on April 22 and 23, 2016.
- CSIR sponsored two days National Seminar on “Nano-dielectric Materials in Electrical Insulation Application”, 16 and 17 November 2012, K. S. Rangasamy College of Technology, Tiruchengode.
- Two week ISTE Workshop on “Control Systems” conducted by IIT Kharagpur from 2 December to 12 December 2014.
- NPTEL sponsored One-day workshop on “NPTEL Workshop”, 09 April 2013, Government College of Technology, Coimbatore.
Convention & Congress
- 28th Indian Engineering Congress at Chennai during 20 December to 22 December 2013, organized by The Institution of Engineers (India), Tamilnadu State Centre.
- 13th ISTE Annual Convention (Tamilnadu & Pondicherry Section) on Emerging Trends in Engineering Education – Indian Prospective, 29 & 30 October 2011 held at K. S. Rangasamy College of Technology.
- Webinar on “Rooftops PV and Smart Inverters Challenges and Barriers”, 1 PDH, IEEE Continuing Education on 14 April 2016.
- Webinar on “Towards Reliable Power Electronics”, 1 PDH, IEEE Continuing Education on 25 February 2016.
- Webinar on “Smart Village – Going Beyond the Light Bulb”, 1 PDH, IEEE Continuing Education on 12 November 2015.
- Webinar on “The ABCs of EVs”, 1 PDH, IEEE Continuing Education on 11 November 2015.
- Webinar on “Real Time Simulation and Hardware in the Loop as Enabling Technologies for the Transition to the Next Generation Grid”, 1 PDH, IEEE Continuing Education on 06 November 2015.
- Webinar on “Introduction to VSC HVDC Technology”, 1 PDH, IEEE Continuing Education on 30 October 2015.
- Webinar on “Going 100% Renewable Energy”, 1 PDH, IEEE Continuing Education on 28 October 2015.
- Webinar on “Green Energy and the Electric Delivery System Opportunities for Energy”, 1 PDH, IEEE Continuing Education on 26 October 2015.
- Webinar on “Strategic Planning for Microgrids – Strategies and Tools”, 1 PDH, IEEE Continuing Education on 20 October 2015.
- Webinar on “Analysis of Ground Networks Interconnected Electrical Systems”, 1 PDH, IEEE Continuing Education on 27 August 2015.
- Webinar on “Green Energy Successes, Opportunities, Challenges”, 1 PDH, IEEE Continuing Education on 25 June 2014.
- Webinar on “Energy Storage in Microgrids and Nanogrids”, 1 PDH, IEEE Continuing Education on 11 December 2013.
List of Student Thesis Supervision
Master of Engineering Students
- Ranjitha M, “Voltage Balancing In Diode Clamped Multi-Level Inverter Using Boost Converter”, 2016.
- Samydurai T, “High Step-Up Switched Capacitor Inductor DC-DC Converter for Renewable Energy Sources”, 2014.
- Maheshkumar K, “Design and Implementation of High Efficiency Switched Capacitor DC-DC Converter for Renewable Energy Applications”, 2013.
- Vijayabalan R, “Z Source Inverter based PV System for Standalone Applications”, 2012.
Bachelor of Engineering Students
- Design of Step-Down DC-DC Converter for Next Generation Microprocessor, 2015.
- Design of RC Plane Using Embedded System, 2012.
- Harmonic Reduction Using Inverted Sinusoidal PWM Signal for AC-DC Converter, 2011.
- Short Evening Course on “Computer Aided Design of Electronic Circuits” from 21–01–2004 to 28–01–2004
- Onsite training on “VHDL – GENIE”, a certification course on “VLSI & VHDL Designs” conducted by Silicon Varsity, Bangalore from 11-05-2002 to 10-06-2002
- Ravivarman, R. Jeyabharath & P. Veena, “A high step-up boost converter integrated with voltage multiplier cell”, International Journal of Innovations in Engineering and Technology, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 626-632, 2016.
- Ravivarman, R. Jeyabharath & P. Veena, “A high step-up hybrid dc-dc converter with reduced voltage stress for renewable energy applications”, World Applied Sciences Journal, 34 (7): 871-877, 2016.
- Ravivarman, R. Jeyabharath & P. Veena, “Analysis and Design of Single Switch Hybrid Step-up Converter”, Circuits and Systems, vol. 7, no. 4, pp. 211-221, 2016.
- Ranjitha & S. Ravivarman, “A Review on Voltage Balancing Solutions in Multilevel Inverters”, Indonesian Journal of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science Vol. 1, No. 1, pp. 53-59, 2016.
- Ranjitha & S. Ravivarman, “Voltage balance implementing multilevel inverter in renewable energy system” International journal of Applied Engineering research, Vol. 10, No. 20, 2015, pp. 20033-20037, 2016.
- Ranjitha & S. Ravivarman, “A solution to balance the voltage of dc link capacitor using boost converter in diode clamped multilevel inverter”, South Asian Journal of Engineering and Technology, Vol. 2, No. 16, 2016, ISSN: 2454-9614, pp. 183-191
- Ravivarman & T. Samydurai, “Optimized Grid Power Injection with Maximum Power Point Tracking using Cascaded SEPIC Converter and Three Phase Inverter”, International Journal of Advanced Research in Electrical, Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering” Vol. 04, no. 1, 2015.
- Samydurai & S. Ravivarman, “Grid Power Injection with Maximum Power Point Tracking using Enhanced SEPIC Converter and Three Phase Inverter”, “International Journal of Applied Engineering Research” Vol. 10, No. 9, pp 7536-7541, 2015. ISSN:0973-4562
- Maheshkumar & S. Ravivarman, “High Step-Up DC-DC Converter for UPS system with Renewable Energy Source using Switched Capacitor and Inductor”, International Journal of Electronics and Electrical Engineering, vol. 3, no.2, 2015.
- R. Vijayabalan & S. Ravivarman, “Z Source Inverter for Photovoltaic System with Fuzzy Logic Controller”, International Journal of Power Electronics and Drive System, Vol.2, No.4, pp. 371-379, 2012. ISSN: 2088-8694.
- Samydurai.T and Ravivarman.S “Grid Source power with MPPT using new modified high voltage gain SEPIC converter for three phase inverter” in proceeding of “International Conference on Emerging Researches in Engineering Science and Technology” (ICEREST 2015) at Kalaivani College of Technology, Coimbatore at 12,13 & 14 March 2015.
- Samydurai.T and Ravivarman.S “Three Phase Grid Power Injection with MPPT using Single Switch Converter and Three Phase Inverter” in proceeding of “National Conference on Recent Trends in Engineering and Technology” at K.S.Rangasamy College of Technology, Tiruchengode, on 07th March 2015.
- Samydurai.T and Ravivarman.S “Grid Power Injection with Maximum Power Point Tracking using Enhanced SEPIC Converter and Three Phase Inverter” in proceeding of “2nd International Conference on Engineering Technology and Science” (ICETS’15) at Muthayamal College of Engineering, Namakkal on 5th& 6th March 2015.
- Maheskumar K, Ravivarman S, “A Boost DC-DC Converter for Renewable Energy Source by using Switched Capacitor and Inductor”, Proceedings of International Conference on Advanced In Electrical and Electronics Engineering ICEEE-2014, Government College of Engineering, Salem, March 2014, pp. no-135-140.
- Maheshkumar K, Ravivarman S, “High Efficiency Switched Capacitor Inductor DC-DC Converter for Renewable Energy Sources”, Proceedings of National conference on Innovations in Special Electric Drives, Power and Energy, Muthayammal Engineering College, Rasipuram, October 2013, pp. no-9
- R. Vijayabalan, S. Ravivarman, “Zeta Converter based PV System for Residential Applications”, 7th National Conference on “Cutting Edge Technologies in Power Conversion and Industrial Drives – PCID 2012”, 9th and 10th February 2012, Bannari Amman Institute of Technology, Sathyamangalam.
- T. Sridharasivakumar, S. Ravivarman, D. Rama Prabha and P.S. Mayurappriyan, “Implementation of 2 Stage Step – up DC – DC Converter for Servo Drives“, National Conference for Research Scholars on “Applications of Emerging Technologies”, ISTE Chapter, Adhiyamaan College of Engg., Hosur, 28 March 2005.
- S. Ravivarman and T. Sridharasivakumar, “Single – Phase Active Filtering Using Neutral Point Clamped AC/DC Converter”, National Conference on “Modern Vogues in Electrical and Electronics Engineering”, Vivekanandhaa College of Engg. for Women, Tiruchengode, 25 February 2005.
- S. Ravivarman and D. Rama Prabha, “Modeling and Control of Unified Power Flow Controller”, International Conference Systemics, Cybernetics and Informatics, Pentagram Research Centre, Hyderabad, Vol. 2, pp. 240 – 246, Jan 06-09, 2005.